• Per cortesia connettiti per rispondere
1 risposta a questa discussione

#1 netquik

netquik

Tweakness Admin

• Admin
  • 3827 messaggi

Inviato 03 settembre 2004 - 02:22

Q: Security Center on SP2 does not recognize the Etrust firewall. If I turn the windows firewall the security center says that my computer is at risk. Now I'm running both firewalls at the same time and have heard they can create conflicts?
A: First, we understand the latest ETrust already supports the Security Center, so an upgrade is in order. But even for software that is not recognized by the security center, there is no harm in running more than one firewall as long as the rules do not conflict.

Q: Why was .NET never installed with the XP SP 1 or 2?? Will it happen with 3?
A: It will not likely ever be offered in a service pack. This is a seperate release and while we have been known to break the rules and add features in service packs, we don't like to do it.

Q: what happened to firewire
yes this is a real issue; no MS product was tested against FW800 and it is just an accident that sp1 worked; because of customer requests a hot fix will be released with in 30days

Q: What is best Antivirus product for SP2?
Most major AV vendors have updated their products to hook into the Microsoft Security Center, including Symantec and McAffee.
I'm a big Symantec believer, myself, but as long as you update your definitions regularly and perform regular scans,
it should help to keep your computer virus-free. We recommend Norton Antivirus 2005.

Q: should i turn on automatic updates
Generally, Auto Updates is a great way to keep current with all the latest patches - only "critical" and "security" updates are installed by default.

Q: Netgear told me that a software firewall might interfear with their hardware firewall already implemented in their modem/routers, any truth to this
A: There shouldn't be a problem but if one arises, you can easily turn off the built in firewall. Shouldn't be necessary because it's not a complete software firewall solution.

Q: Does sp2 recognise bluetooth headsets
A: Nope, not supported. Windows SP2 does not have the Profiles for Headset support. It may detect the Bluetooth Headset Device but the headset will have no functionality within Windows.

Q: How can i prevent the message that windows can't find svohost.exe from coming up on startup
A: Sound like a virus so please check this.

Q: I have deployed SP2 with group policy with SBS 2003. On most computers the pack installed automatically after first restarted, but some are not affected even though I checked group policy is applied with gpresult.
A. There are many things that can cause this. Check for errors in the application evenlog on the clients. You may also need to enable MSI logging. Make sure you are assigning the package to the computer. You could also test by scheduling a cmd prompt with the AT scheduler and seeing if you can connect to the share and lauch the SP install.

Q: Does Microsoft have plans to integrate some sort of malware/trojan scanning, detection, and removal tools in a future upcoming service pack or independantly to compliment the new security tools that were introduced in Service Pack 2?
A: I don't think it is any guarded secret that we are exploring this space - AV included - so it is safe to say that at some point in the future you can probably expect to see something like this from us. What delivery method it is - service pack or otherwise - still remains to be determined.

Q: any reason to use SP2 firewall if I'm behind NAT
A: ABSOULutly NAT realy offer no protections. The company stand is that it is a good thing to enable the firewall - it will prevent problem (virus and the like) within that network.

Q: is there a way to exchange your XP SP1 intergrated disk for an XP SP2 intergrated disk free of charge?
A: You can order a free copy of the SP2 CD from the following URL: http://www.microsoft...us/default.mspx

Q: Is there a quick fix for the TCP/IP limit of 10 maximum connections? or is modifying system files the only work-around?
A: It's not a ten-connection limit, it's a limit on the number of connections that are in a "starting up" state: once a connection is established, it's removed from any limits. I don't think MS has published workarounds for this.

Q: a lot of program incopatibilities have appeared with sp2. Are you planning to correct these incopatibilities or should the software manufactures do this. I have problem with my TV sofwere, altough AverMedia is anMicrosofts Consumer Experience partner.
A: Best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the application to alert them to the incompatibility so they may incorporate a fix into the next version of their product.

Q: Does SP2 have popup blockers?
A: Yes. Click on the tools menu in IE and you will see the Popup blocker menu

Q: will automatic updates slow my pc by adding unessicary files?
A: Automatic Updates is fairly inobtrusive, performance-wise, except when it is actually downloading and installing updates, and even then only over a dial-up connection.
A: We highly recommend enabling Automatic Updates for any home-based PC.

Q: Although it has been stated that the Security Center WMI is safe and will not allow other applications to modify its status, whats to stop a program acting like NAV or another program which can interface with it to access the WMI?
A: WMI is The best way to get SP2 for Windows XP is to get it from Windows Update.Q: Why do I have trouble opening my security options and my windows firewall folder on 2 of my systems other 3 or fine? It takes forever to open and sometimes I get control panel not responding, yet wait long enough and it will sometimes open.

Q: Why do I have trouble opening my security options and my windows firewall folder on 2 of my systems other 3 or fine? It takes forever to open and sometimes I get control panel not responding, yet wait long enough and it will sometimes open.
A: Here is a fairly comprehensive list of applications that are known to cause issues with SP2: http://support.micro...spx?kbid=842242

Q: Why doesn't MS just allow 3rd party themes? Or why hasn't it released more themes itself?
A: Many of these third party themes are really available over the internet so just check it out.

Q: How long can Greek customers who ordered the sp2 cd from microsoft recieve it?
A: Normally, you can expect to wait approximately 4-8 weeks for a CD to be sent to you from when it is ordered. However, during the Launch of Servie Pack 2 for Windows XP, we should anticipate some delays. The best way to get SP2 for Windows XP is to get it from Windows Update.

Q: There is a security hole in Internet explorer regarding ActiveX components. This wasn't fixed at SP2. When will we be have a patch for it?
A: ALL known active-x exploits were fixed on release; some were still present on all beta

Q: Why can I not connect to SQL server with "localhost" after installing SP2 ?
A. Make sure you have this hotfix installed. 884020 Programs that connect to IP addresses that are in the loopback address http://support.micro....com/?id=884020

Q: What is difference between MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger?
A: MSN Messenger allows you to chat, view video and trasnfer files between parties. Windows Messenger allows you to do all this but from within a corporate environment with the benefits of using an internal communication server.

Q: I have deployed SP2 using update.msi & group policy. On most computers the pack installed automatically after first restarted, but some are not affected even though I checked group policy is applied with gpresult.
A. There are many things that can cause this. Check for errors in the application evenlog on the clients. You may also need to enable MSI logging. Make sure you are assigning the package to the computer. You could also test by scheduling a cmd prompt with the AT scheduler and seeing if you can connect to the share and lauch the SP install.

Q: Does Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 include any new features for NTFS partitions and security?
A: No changes were made to this component

Q: Why is it that after installing sp2 my computer is super slow now?
A: For a period of time after installing SP2, the prefetch cache will be rebuilt and you may see some slugishness. Perf should improve within a short period of time. Also could be a sign of spyware/adware being present on the system and due to the new security changes, slowdown is noticable as some behavior is being blocked.

Q: If thats the case with MSN and Windows Messenger, than why do you deliver Windows Messenger as default with Windows?
A: MSN Messenger is built by MSN a subsidiary of Microsoft and as such cannot be shipped with Windows however Windows Messenger now allows you to "almost" everything you can with MSN Messenger. We recommend Windows Messenger to all.

#2 gloryforixseal

gloryforixseal

• Members
  • Stelletta
  • 5 messaggi

Inviato 16 giugno 2009 - 12:18

To summarize my problem I tried:SFC /SCANNOWRemoving all the Microsoft ActiveX Controls, rebooting, installing the new controls, rebootingUsing either Windows Update or Microsoft UpdateAccessing it via the above provided link as well as the link built into IE tools/windowsupdateAny other ideas out there?
Here is a website that I designed for quick cash loans company.

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi